Saturday 3 December 2011

New Wheel


When I received my vices there was a small cosmetic flaw on the hand wheel of my tail vice (a section had not been polished and resulted in a small hollow in the rim). I had not posted about this because I was awaiting the response by Benchcrafted.

Jameel and Fr. John promptly responded to the issue, answering a business e-mail on a Sunday, and offered to resolve the situation. Due to a misunderstanding around some communication via e-mail I quickly became the customer from hell. To Benchcrafted’s credit, they continued to liaise daily via e-mail to clarify and address my concerns. The great news is that a new hand wheel will soon be making its way to me. Jameel has even offered for me to keep the faulty one which will make a stunning paperweight in my office. A big thumbs up to Jameel and Fr. John for allaying my concerns and for making brilliant vices to exacting standards.

I’m now off to look at some timber for the bench. Can’t wait for the new wheel to arrive so I can keep progressing! Will keep you all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment